December 07, 2010

Charlie Watts of The Rolling Stones


Yesterday I told you I wanted to do a more extreme caricature inspired by Russ Cook. Well, this is my attempt. I chose Charlie Watts, (Drummer for The Rolling Stones) because he already has that long face and nose. It is in no way to be compared with Russ Cook's mastery of extreme caricatures. I tend to be a very conservative person and I have to push myself to try and max out the color, saturation and exaggeration in my work or it turns out looking muted and washed out. This was a big change for me and is about as extreme as I get. This type of exaggeration when manipulating a photo really gets challenging trying to maintain skin textures as well as likeness. This was a great practice piece for me and I hope to do more of the same soon. I'm including the source picture below for comparison.

I Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!