July 27, 2011

"From a Horse & Buggy to a Ferrari"... NOT!

When I was purchasing my new iMac system from Apple, they told me that I would be blown away. In fact they said; "You're not just switching from PC to Mac, You're going from a horse and buggy to a Ferrari". I think that they were mistaken and sent me a lemon instead of an Apple. I have had major problems with this new system. You name it and it has gone wrong. I went through 2 different 2TB external hard drives for back-up, the time machine doesn't work and it runs slower that the $500.00 Dell PC I was using before. Right now, I'm rebooting 3 times a day and it gets to the point after a few hours where it takes 2 minutes to open a new browser tab. It has really been frustrating and I'll be glad when everything is up to par. Apple is in the process of customizing another iMac for me and it will be 1 to 2 weeks before I get it.  So, this is why there has been a lack of posts recently. I've been on the phone with Apple some 30 times in the last week. All of this on top of having to wait 4 months for my Cintiq to come in has made this transition... well, something less than pleasant. But, it will be over soon and I will be up and running with a real iMac so I am really looking forward to the end of this. I played around with a juiced up iMac just like mine at the Apple store yesterday and I found out just how an iMac is suppose to perform. It was insanely fast so I have hope. I will try to get this thing to limp along and get a few caricatures done before the new machine comes in. I've got some great stuff on the way so don't give up on me. Below are two images illustrating a dream gone bad.


My Dream Computer System   


Hard Cold Reality

Don't judge me, this was a quirky. :)






Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!