November 21, 2011

Alan Greenspan ~ A Rare Revisit

Tonight I'm posting a rare revisit to one of my manipulations of Alan Greenspan or anyone for that matter. I thought this caricature study had potential but the version I did a while back didn't go as I expected. The original source image which is posted below was washed out with little detail and I didn't really know what to do with it or how to deal with those issues at the time so I put him on a gradient background which was a banding nightmare. It made me sick every time I looked at it so I decided to rework it just a bit and put him in a new setting. He makes a great subject and I felt it would be a shamed to toss it out, so here is Alan Greenspan IIIV. 

I just finished a movie DVD jewel case design for New Coast Productions so I will probably post that tomorrow. I also finally finished the collaboration piece I did with Jesse Smith of Loose screw Tattoo and delivered it to him today as a gift. It wasn't enough change to bother posting again. It was mainly fine details getting it print ready. I have another little fun project going on the side that I'll post in a day or two.

I'm working on a deal with an art magazine who wants me to do a webinar on my work. I've turned two of these down already but I think I'm going to accept this one, so all of you who have been hounding me about doing a tutorial and showing my methods, this is for you. There's a lot involved and there's the scheduling issue so it won't be until next year but I'm headed in that direction. It's been a very long but productive day, so I'm calling it a night guys. Until tomorrow!










 Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!