May 24, 2012

Jacques René Chirac

Well, there's a new French President now but I haven't found the right image of him yet. Give him a little time, he's a politician in the lime light, so he'll do something funny soon enough. Meanwhile I was looking for an interesting profile to do and found this image of former French President Jacques Chirac. I liked the angles in is in his face in this profile pic so I really pushed the exaggeration on those angles here. These former French Presidents have great noses for caricatures. I had a hard time deciding what to do with the background because everything I tried was too busy and detracted from the subject. I thought about it for a while and then it came to me. French flags, but not waving anymore as they did when he was President, simply leaning against an old door as he passed. These French subjects are always great fun and the French people are always such good sports. I'm not sure about the outcome on this one yet but it was a fun exercise. I imageine my French friends will tell me. I only spent a few hours on this one as aposed to my usual 2 to 3 days. On to the next one.. Vive la France!










Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!