June 14, 2012

José Manuel Rodriguez Berge - Portrait Commission

Jose Manuel caricature
Today I'm posting my latest portrait commission of a fellow artist and facebook friend José Manuel Rodriguez Berge. I did something a little differently on this one. Normally when I caricature someone with glasses, I shrink them down and they are more of a nuisance than anything, but in this case Jose's glasses are soo much a part of who he is that I took the time to rebuild and slightly caricature them as well as increasing then in size. I don't know a whole lot about Jose other than he is from Spain so I had a hard time deciding what to do with his body. I decided to take him back in time and make him a Spanish pirate in modern times with the source images he provided. I used puppet warp on this piece much more than I usually do. I'm finding that it can really be a usefull tool as I'm learning more how to use it. More fun stuff on the way!











Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!