December 06, 2012

An Ugly Caricature Study

This post is a fun little caricature study I just finished. I didn't feel the need to push it to a polished state as I was just kind of playing around. I'm not exactly sure why but a couple of days ago I typed the work "ugly" into Google search and found a somewhat less than handsome man. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Not sure about that after this project. The mouth wasn't exactly a funny ugly... it was more of a disgusting ugly, so I changed it up just a bit. This is about a 50/50 blend of photo-manipulation and digital painting so very good practice for me. Anyhow, it was fun. Sorry if you spilled your coffee on yourself. The original source image is posted below.














Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!