December 07, 2012

The RWPike Project Winner - Arturo Adams

Last October I was contacted by a high school Digital Media Teacher in Orlando in Florida. She liked my work and shared it with her students. The teacher and her students came up with a new assignment called The "RWPike Project". Students were to study my works and try their hand at creating a caricature in the "Rodney Pike" style using Photoshop. She sent the images to me and I put them in an album on Google+ allowing my one million plus followers to choose their favorite by plussing the images they liked most which I am now featuring here and on my blog. The voting is complete and the winner has been chosen. The official winner of the "RWPike Project" is Arturo Adams. Here is a word from Arturo and a sampling of his Photoshop work. Note: This feature will be shared among my entire extended network across the web, Google+, Facebook, Linkedin, etc. etc. That's approximately 1.1 million direct connections. Congratulation to Arturo Adams and thanks to GiGi for bringing this to my attention. Let's continue to promote the arts among our youth!!
The winning Caricature:
My name is Arturo Adams and I was born and raised in Orlando, Florida. I’m 17 years old and a high school senior at Lake Nona High School. I have a passion for arts, ceramics, music, digital design and also paint. I first got interested in art my sophomore year when I decided to take Digital Design as an elective class. I felt really comfortable in the environment it had to offer.  I then decided to further my art involvement by learning to play the guitar and after that, I knew what I wanted to be in life, an artist.

I feel that as an artist you get to express yourself in a more creative and unique way rather than bold words. It’s my mission to become and artist and make the world a little better with my passion.














Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!