February 25, 2013

What's on the Wacom - John McCain - WIP

I have been making posts on Google+ and facebook with the hashtag #whatsonthewacom or "What's on the Wacom". I realized I need to start posting these works in progress (WIP) on my blogs as well. Tonights post is a rough blockin caricature study of John McCain. An image where the photographer was lower than eye level of McCain is perfect for blowing out those huge jaws. I think I've got a good start here although I have no idea how far I'm going to push this or what the background will intel. I like to do these practice pieces this way and just let the image and mood lead me to the finished piece. I'll be posting the finished product as soon as it's done. Look for more of these in the future.











Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!